- This event has passed.
Explosive Breaching Certification Course
October 15 - October 19$1250
This 5-day dynamic entry course serves to introduce attendees to all proper procedures required to either create, or augment an already existing explosive entry component. This course is designed for personnel with little to no experience with energetic materials, and explosive compounds.
*This course has a minimum requirement of 10 participants. If minimum participation is not met, the course will be rescheduled and your payment will be refunded or you may select an alternate date.
Specific Tactical Explosive Entry School Learning Topics
- Explosive breaching training course program policies and procedures related to the unit’s/agency’s mission statement
- Tactical situations justifying and requiring explosive entry and supported by written policy
- Explosive law and compliance requirements
- Explosive safety and handling procedures (administrative and tactical) specifically for the tactical explosive breaching discipline
- Duties and responsibilities of the breacher team
- Theory and explosive material properties, terminology for general understanding and related to detonations in the urban environment for this tactical explosive discipline
- Understanding of potential hazards created by detonations in the urban environment damaging to humans and property (causes and reduction/mitigation procedures)
- Explosive materials and related tools used during tactical explosive breaching operations
- Charge construction, design, net explosive weight calculations and related documentation (Understanding design and material failure without using commercial products)
- Data base collection procedures, documentation for charge strength and configuration related to various breach points on actual structures (doors, windows, walls and roofs)
- Prediction of all related hazards and protective actions for mission essential personnel, public, suspects, victims and property for each detonation
- Tactical firing system construction, operational application, misfire emergency situation response and recovery procedures
- Mission planning, briefing, performance and post operation protocols
- Mission-related tactics and hazards, misfires and entry denial