Explosive Materials Handler Course
April 21 - April 22$1250
This 2-day course of instruction is meant to introduce the student to the recognition, safe transportation, storage, safe handling, and firing of energetic materials. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will possess the skills to safely use explosives in a variety of settings.
Course content includes:
- History and theory of explosive and explosive effects
- Explosive safety
- Types of explosive accessories
- Recognition of low and high explosive formulations
- Preparation and firing of charges using electric, non-electric, and shock tube initiated blasting caps
- Response to misfires and other operational issues
This course is facilitated through classroom instruction as well as field training on our range.