CANCELLED EFFECTIVE JULY 5, 2014
BEAST OF THE BATTLEFIELD
Check-In starts at 0800 hrs and the course opens at 0900 hrs.
Tripwire Operations Group, ScentLogix, Stapleton Group, Southern Coast K9, Gettysburg Park Service, and Adams County Sheriff’s Office.
- Narcotic or Explosive Find: K9 must alert to the proper location of the hidden item in buildings, vehicles, open area, and luggage.
- Narcotic or Explosive Large Hide: K9 must alert or K9 team has to call alert to the location of the hidden item.
- Narcotic or Explosive Scenario: K9 must locate the hidden item after a scenario-based briefing.
- Narcotic or Explosive Timed Event: K9 team must locate all items, for time.
- Controlled Aggression: When instructed by an official, handler shall have their K9 apprehend a decoy that is wearing protective equipment.
- Area Search: Decoy hiding in a wooded area or structure and must be found by the K9 team with a physical apprehension of the decoy that is wearing protective equipment.
- Building Search: K9 team shall find a hidden suspect inside of a structure, for time
- Tracking Scenario: Optional (Details TBD)
- Obstacle Course: K9 team shall navigate a variety of real-world based obstacles.
Registration fee is $300.00, which includes a “Beast of the Battlefield” T-shirt and lunch. Awards will be given in various areas, including an overall winner: “Beast of the Battlefield”!
Deadline for registration is August 31, 2014.
Registration is limited to the first 75 teams.
If you have questions regarding competition information, lodging, activities or registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR click this link for the complete registration form.